This canoe is completely handcrafted and it typically takes about 500 hours to build one. We still use the traditional method of constructions while integrating the highest quality of materials currently available. Strips of cedars are joined together by hand and encapsulated in fiberglass bonded in place with epoxy resin then coated with marine vanish. This combination of fiberglass and epoxy is very strong and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood will be protected for generations..
This canoe measured as follow:
* Length: 187.5 inches
* Width (Beam): 31.5 inches
* Mid Height: 12 inches
* Bow/Stern Height: 24 inches
* Weight: Appr. 52lbs
* Rocker: Slightly rocked - 4 inches
* Capacity: 650lbs
- Stunning beautiful clear graded cedar hull
- Internal ribs make the boat stronger and even more beautiful
- Fiberglass adds important tensile strength and abrasion resistance to the wood
- 100% western red cedar make our boats surprisingly light weight that one person can carry
- Come with a show graded set of wooden paddles.
About Woodenboat USA™ :
For years, professional canoe guides and outfitters have relied on plastic or fiberglass for their fleets of boats. Each of them has its own merit. One is inexpensive, the other light. But none of them has the beautiful look.
At Woodenboat USA™, we are determined to make something stunning beautiful and at the same time strong, durable and light weight.
How can we achieve all of these? All of out canoes/kayaks are assembled from strips of top graded Canadian cedar (a very rare soft yet very strong timber) and then encapsulated in fiberglass with epoxy resin