The kayak is completely handcrafted and it typically takes about 500 hours to build one. We still use the traditional method of constructions while integrating the highest quality of materials currently available. Strips of cedars are joined together by hand and encapsulated in fiberglass bonded in place with epoxy resin then coated with marine vanish. This combination of fiberglass and epoxy is very strong and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood will be protected for generations..
This 15 kayak (177") has the following measurements:
L: 177 W: 24 H: 13.5 Inches
* Bow Height: 10 inches;
* Mid Height: 9.5 inches;
* Stern Height: 13.5 inches;
* Cockpit dimension: 31.5 x 17.75 inches.
* Weight: Appr 45lbs.
* Capacity: 500 lbs
- Stunning beautiful clear graded cedar hull
- Fiberglass adds important tensile strength and abrasion resistance to the wood
- 100% western red cedar make our boats surprisingly light weight that one person can carry
- Come with a show graded set of wooden paddles.