HMS Bounty, also known as HM Armed Vessel Bounty, was a small merchant vessel purchased by the Royal Navy for a botanical mission. HMS Bounty was originally named Bethia, built in Hull at the end of 1784.The Navy Board bought her on May 23, 1787, on the suggestion of Sir Joseph Banks, renamed her Bounty. June 8, 1787 was her first commission. She was 90 feet 10 inches long with a beam of 24 feet 4 inches and a draft of 11 feet 4 inches. She was sent to the Pacific Ocean to acquire breadfruit plants and transport them to British possessions in the West Indies under the command of William Bligh. That mission was never completed, due to a mutiny led by the acting Master, Fletcher Christian who sailed the ship to what is now called Bounty Bay and settled there. To prevent the ships detection, and anyones possible escape, the ship was burned on 23 January 1790.
1895 Yacht Iverna at Full Sail fine art, perfect nautical wall decor
In 1890, Iverna represented a new design of great racing cutter – a handsome yacht with her distinctive fiddle or cutter bow and undercut stern. Commissioned by John Jameson (of the Irish whisky family), designed by Alexander Richardson and built by J G Fay in Southampton, she was 98ft. in length – 118ft. with her bowsprit – with a beam of 18ft. and a sail area of 8157 sq. ft.
The Yacht Magic Fine Art Poster Nautical Wall Decoration
1930’s America’s Cup Race
Steamer Trunk Coffee Table Historical Decor