Venus Compass, 1 degree card
The German-made Venus Compass is the best for cruising the northern and southern hemisphere because the compass card will remain flat and easy to read no matter where you are in the world. There is no compass dip. This boat compass is also unique because the heading graduations are marked every degree on the compass card instead of the normal 5 degree graduations.
This boat compass is made in Germany by C. Plath and features a full spherical construction with an internal gimbal system which accommodates all angles of heel without compromising accuracy. And, the oscillation-free double bottom compensates for volumetric changes.
The black housing is seawater resistant and made of a light alloy and the super-strong glass dome is insensitive to ultraviolet rays and is guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing and yellowing under normal use.
The accuracy of indication, lag error, and oscillation period all exceed the International Organization of Standards norm. Additionally, the vibration resistance of this boat compass exceeds requirements of BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
Other features include:
- Balanced for use in northern and southern hemispheres
- Red glare-free illumination for 12 volt (24 volt by special request)
- Dished card with clear 1 degree graduation.
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1 degree
- Lag error: less than or equal to 2 degrees
- Oscillation period: greater than or equal to 4.7 sec
- Temperature range: -22 degrees F to 158 degrees F
- Corresponds with the ISO norm for commercial shipping
- Three year warranty on body